Village Engineer Request for Qualifications
The Village of Green Oaks is issuing a request for qualifications (“RFQ”) for providing municipal engineering services to assist the Village with daily operations, project-based engineering (design and construction), site plan reviews, and other tasks at the request of the Village.
Proposals Due by 2:00 p.m. June 15, 2022
Notification of Interest to Firms May 31, 2022
Interviews (if needed) June 29, 2022
Selection On or about July 20, 2022
Interviews will be with Village staff and elected representative(s), and the selected firms will not be required to prepare a presentation. The schedule is subject to change by the Village.
General Engineering Services
Provide general municipal engineering services to support the Village, including:
- Engineering services to support municipal operations. Infrastructure/facilities and responsibilities within the Village include but are not limited to sanitary sewer collection system, water distribution system, stormwater management, pavement maintenance and rehabilitation, resident inquiries, and drainage complaints.
- Provide the full range of engineering services including preliminary studies, public outreach, drawings, specifications, cost opinions, construction administration and review, and other professional services.
- Represent the Village at local committees and workgroups.
- Assist the Village in identifying and applying for grants and other alternate funding sources.
- Serve as Village’s enforcement officer under Village Code engineering specifications for developments, perform commercial and residential plan reviews, provide support and comments during preliminary development/redevelopment projects.
- Engineering advisor to, and regular participation in, Committee of the Whole, Plan Commission, and Village Board Meetings.
- Provide to the Village monthly a cumulative written status report on pending projects to which the firm has been assigned.
- Provide as needed and as assigned services for watershed development permits, and enforcement, under the Village’s approved Lake County Watershed Development Ordinance.,
- Provide staff and services on an on-call, as-needed basis.